Here is a still Matchmove that we had to do in university to introduce us to matching perspective in Maya, render layers, matching lighting and compositing in Nuke. I found it pretty difficult but learnt alot and i am now very much looking forward to project two!
So, it’s been a while since i last posted. I spent all summer working in a really shitty cafe… it wasnt fun, but it paid my way. I did as much 3D work as i possibly could, although i wish i could have done more. But i made it to second year of uni so starting today here is some of my most recent work and things that i am working on! Enjoy!
Ok, so i just realised that i havnt posted in quite a while. So here is a little prject i have been working on on and off for a few weeks. With all the sun and hours ive spent in work i havnt managed to do much, but as the weather gets a little cooler i hope to get more done and eventually finish it soon! The project is to model, texture, rig, animate and render a zombie (which is my first humanoid organic model i have created) fir practise for second year of uni!
This model is getting closer to being finished, just a little more tweaking with the normal maps and it should be done!
Some WIP, I wanted to make this dinosaur a little bit more realistic for rigging purposes. The lovely weather outside has made working a little bit difficult though. I’ll have to redo the bump colour maps to make the skin abrasions visible and then create a displacement map to get the creases on the neck to stand out more.
I think this is fully modelled and textured. I used Maya for the modelling and Zbrush for creating the textures and maps. (first time using Zbrush properly) Next up is attempting to rig and weight paint ready for animation.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged 3D, Animation, De Montfort, Design, Dino, Dinosaur, Lighting, Maya, Modelling, Personal Project, Texturing, University, Zbrush
This is the final piece animation from first year of uni. It was a group project comprising of four people. “Alex Hagar”, “Jamie Wolloff”, “Jonas Prunskus” and my self.
My responsibilities was character animation of Science_Bot (the tall thin yellow one), Environment modelling, Extra charater modelling and animation (the rabbit) and sound. The music was provided by “Peter Frederick Nightingale Racher”.
The finished and rendered version of my 11 second club entry! For my first character animation i’m pretty pleased with how this has turned out.
This is my first try at animating a whole character. I have used the Norman rig or the first time. I am having trouble with using all of the controls on the character and keeping the hands in one place or parenting them to the table so that the whole figure can move around and be influenced by the position they are in. But as first attempts go, and not fully understanding the character rig, i am quite pleased with it.
A test run cycle for the end of first year project.